Gangtey Valley Tour
Journey DMC-Gangtey Valley Tour offers natural and cultural highlights of blissful country Bhutan. Embark in our Gangtey valley tour between months of November and March for best bird watching experience.
Gangtey Valley tour comes into its major highlights as we embark for Gangtey Gompa Valley for whole day located at an altitude of 2800 meters. In this way we conclude our week long Gangtey Valley Tour by visiting Gangtey Valley and discovering all the major Highlights of Bhutan.
Gangtey Valley Tour is short and easy tour at land of Thunder Dragon, perfect for all travel enthusiasts.
- Tour offers natural and cultural highlights of Bhutan
- visit to one of the main winter homes to rare blacked necked crane, Gangtey valley
Day 1, Arrival at Paro
Arrive Paro by Druk Air, the only national carrier. On arrival and after visa formalities, meet, assist and transfer to hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 2, Paro Sightseeing
Paro Sightseeing – visit the ruined fortress of Drugyel dzong. Proceed through the beautiful valley to the watch tower or locally known as Ta-Dzong. Stroll around the market and return to Kichu Resort. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 3, Drive to Thimpu
Drive to Thimphu. Upon arrival check into River view or similar. PM Visit the Memorial chorten and Drupthob nunnery temple and free time in the market. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 4, Visit to local places
AM visit the Painting school, National library, Royal goldsmith workshop and Handicraft centers. PM drive 3 hours to Wangduephodrang crossing the Dochula pass 3100 meters. Visit the Wangduephodrang Dzong from outside and the market area. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 5, Visit to Gangtey Gompa Valley
Day excursion to the Gangtey Gompa valley at an altitude of 2800 meters. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 6, Punakha Dzong Visit
AM drive 45 minutes to Punakha and visit the Punakha Dzong which served as an old capital of Bhutan. Drive 3 hours to Thimphu for lunch and proceed 2 hours to Paro via visiting the oldest building in Bhutan, the Simtokha Dzong. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 7, Day hike to Taktsang Monastery
Day hike to the view point of Taktsang monastery. Stroll back to Resort. Evening at leisure. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 8, Departure
Transfer to airport for final departure.
• Arrival and departure transfer.
• All necessary surface transfer by private vehicles.
• 2 nights’ hotel accommodation at Hotel- Thimphu on twin/double sharing on full board plan.
• 1 nights’ hotel accommodation at Hotel – Punakha on twin/double sharing on full board basis.
• 3 nights’ hotel accommodation at Hotel – Paro on twin/double sharing on full board basis.
• All the sightseeing tour and transfers as per the Itinerary with English speaking local guide.
• Bhutan visa fee
• Tourism development fee & Entrance fee in Bhutan
The above land cost excludes:
• International Airfare. (Quoted separately – subject to change if revised)
• International airport taxes.
• Items of personal nature such as bar bills, alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone calls, extra mileage, personal gratuities as tips to guide, porters, drivers etc.
• Personal insurance policy – suggested a comprehensive travel insurance covering tour and flight cancellations, loss of valuables, thefts, illness, accidents and hospitalization.
• Excess baggage.
• Expenses incurred by re-routing, inclement weather, floods, famine, political disruptions, strikes, riots and other disturbances.
• Any items and services not mentioned on cost inclusions.
• Any meals which are not mentioned on cost inclusions.