Druk Path Trek
Journey DMC-Druk Path trek has been one of the most popular and demanded trekking in Bhutan.
Druk Path Trek also offers great views of snow capped mountains like Mt. Gangkar Puensum which is the highest unscaled mountain peak in the world.
Regarding the best time to embark for Druk Path Trek, months between March to June or September to November are recommended. Join short and easy Druk Path Trek organized by Journey DMC for unforgettable trekking memories at naturally blessed dragon land of Bhutan.
- View beautiful landscapes, trek through forests, villages
- Witness traditional Bhutanese culture, lifestyle
- Visit to monasteries, Dzongs, palaces
- Magnificent views of high Himalayas like Mt. Gangkar Puensum and surrounding peaks
Short and easy trek ideal for all trekking enthusiasts
Day 1, Arrive Paro
Arrive Paro by Druk Air, the only national carrier. On arrival and after visa formalities, meet, assist and transfer to hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 2, Paro Sightseeing
Paro Sightseeing – visit the ruined fortress of Drugyel dzong. Proceed through the beautiful valley to the watch tower or locally known as Ta-Dzong. Stroll around the market and return to Kichu Resort. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 3, Day Hike to Taktsang Monastery
Day hike to Taktsang monastery. Stroll back to Kichu Resort. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 4, Trek to Jele Dzong
Trek starts to Jele Dzong. Camp at 3100 meters. Walking time 4/5 hours.
Day 5, Trek From Jele Dzong to Jangchulakha
Jele dzong to Jangchulakha. Camp at 3650 meters. Walking time 3/4 hours.
Day 6, Jangchulakha to Jigmelangtsho
Jangchulakha to Jigmelangtsho. Camp at 3600 meters. Walking time 5/6 hours.
Day 7, Jigmelangtsho to Phajoding
Jigmelangtsho to Phajoding. Camp. Walking time 6/7 hours.
Day 8, Phajoding to Thimpu
Phajoding to Thimphu. End trek at Motithang and drive to hotel. Overnight Hotel at 2320 meters.
Day 9, Visit to local places
AM visit the Painting school, National library, Royal goldsmith workshop and Handicraft centers. PM drive 3 hours to Wangduephodrang crossing the Dochula pass 3100 meters. Visit the Wangduephodrang Dzong from outside and the market area. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 10, Punakha Visit
AM drive 45 minutes to Punakha and visit the Punakha Dzong. PM drive back to Paro. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 11, Departure
Transfer to airport for final departure.
The above cost includes:
• All arrival/departure transfers
• 02 Nights hotel accommodation at double / twin room on bed and breakfast basis.
• 02 nights’ accommodation at double / twin room on bed and breakfast basis.
• 03 Nights’ accommodation at Hotel – Paro sharing Double/Twin Room on bed and breakfast basis.
• All the sightseeing tour and transfers as per the itinerary with English speaking local guide in a private A/C vehicle.
• Bhutan Visa fee.
• Tourism development fee & Entrance fee in Bhutan.
• Airport assistance at the airport during arrival.
• Lunch and Dinner at Local Restaurant
The above cost does not include:
• International airfare & airport taxes (Subject to change without any prior notice). Quoted Separately.
• Items of personal nature such as bar bills, alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone calls, extra mileage, personal gratuities as tips to guide, porters, drivers etc
• Personal insurance policy – suggested a comprehensive travel insurance covering tour and flight cancellations, loss of valuables, thefts, illness, accidents and hospitalization.
• Excess baggage
• Gratuities, tipping to guides and drivers.
• Expenses incurred by re-routing, inclement weather, floods, famine, political disruptions, strikes, riots and other disturbances
• Any meals and services not mentioned on cost inclusions